Pot Roast MeatloafFrom way2nrml 4 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 C. bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, divided shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges shopping list
- 2-3 yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-in pieces shopping list
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce, divided shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 C. Red cooking wine shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread crumbs, dried basil, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and some fresh ground black pepper in the bottom of a large bowl. Combine.
- Add ground beef, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce and egg to the bowl. Gently combine until ingredients are mixed.
- Place meat mixture in a greased 13x9 in. glass baking dish and shape into a "loaf".
- Arrange cut vegetables around the meatloaf. Sprinkle veggies with some salt, pepper and about 1/2 tsp. garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Pour over meatloaf only.
- As the last step before baking, drizzle only the veggies with the red cooking wine. (Yes, you will want to use cooking wine and not a bottle of wine you would like to drink. I have tried it many other ways, and the cooking wine is the way to go. Trust me.)
- Cover with aluminum foil (shiny side down), and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees F.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!