Greek MouzakaFrom honeyandolive 3 years ago
- ∙ 1000gr eggplants shopping list
- ∙ 1000gr potatoes shopping list
- ∙ 750gr minced beef shopping list
- ∙ 2 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- ∙ 1 green pepper shopping list
- ∙ 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- ∙ 1 cup grated kefalotiri shopping list
- ∙ 1 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- ∙ 200 gr extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- ∙ 1000 gr fresh milk shopping list
- ∙ 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- ∙ 8 tablespoons flour shopping list
- ∙ 2 eggs shopping list
- ∙ salt, pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the potatoes after we have cut it into round slices.
- Fry the eggplants after we have cut it into slices.
- Preparation of minced
- In a pot add extra virgin olive oil and sot the onions with green pepper and minced meat. Add the tomatoes, cinnamon stick, 11/2 cup water, salt and pepper, stir and cook for 10-15 min.
- Once boiled add 11/2 cup breadcrumbs, ¾ of cup grated kefalotiri and stir.
- Preparation of béchamel
- Beat the eggs together with the fresh milk in a bowl.
- In a saucepan put melt the butter.
- Add flour, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon ( so as not to clot ) for about 3 min to brown.
- Finally add the milk, salt, pepper and stir until sauce thickness.
- Preparation for the oven
- Sprinkle the pan with breadcrumbs.
- Spread over the entire surface of the griddle potatoes.
- Onto potatoes spread the mince.
- Onto mince spread the eggplant.
- Spread the béchamel.
- Finally sprinkle the béchamel with grated kefalotiri and breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 1800 for 20 min ( to golden brown )
- Bon Appetite!
The Cookhoneyandolive Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!