Autumn Salad With Grapes, Walnuts And ParmesanFrom PongoUSA 4 years ago
- 1/2 pound seedless red or purple grapes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (or more) Sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon apple balsamic vinegar plus more for drizzling shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound greens ( butter lettuce, endive and radicchio ) (about 8 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 pound Roncal, Manchego, or pecorino cheese, shaved with a peeler shopping list
- 3/4 cup roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop 7 grapes; transfer to a small bowl. Cut remaining grapes in half; transfer to another small bowl and set aside. Using a fork, mash chopped grapes in bowl into a purée. Stir in shallot, 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in oil and 1 tablespoon balsamico. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt, pepper, and more Sherry vinegar, if desired. DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette and halved grapes can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill vinaigrette and grapes separately. Bring vinaigrette to room temperature and rewhisk before continuing.
- Combine greens and halved grapes in a large bowl; drizzle with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Toss salad to coat. Arrange salad on chilled dinner plates, dividing evenly. Scatter cheese and walnuts over. Drizzle salads with more apple balsamico.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!