Solstice Sun CookiesFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
How to make it
- Mix together sugar, butter, egg, honey, lemon extract.
- ~ ~ ~ ~
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- ~ ~ ~ ~
- Cover dough with clear plastic wrap and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Dust your surface and rolling pin with flour.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- (Add a little water or flour, if needed, to make it the right consistency to work with.)
- Cut into circles.
- You can use a circular cookie cutter, or the top of any cup or jar.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack; let cool.
- Mix confectioners’ sugar and milk to paste consistency.
- Add a few drops yellow food coloring, to desired color.
- Use a butter knife to apply frosting to cookies.
- Make a circle in the center of each cookie, and rays around the edge (see photo).
- Let dry until frosting is hard. If you stack them before they are dry, they will stick together.
- You may need to let them sit on your counter overnight before they are completely dry.
- Store in a tin or zip-lock bag.