Grilled Lamb With Spiced Creme Fraiche And Chipotle Honey Glazed Sweet PotatoesFrom PongoUSA 11 months ago
lamb and creme fraiche
- 1/2 teasp. Chile powder shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teasp. kosher salt + more for lamb shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. black pepper + more for lamb shopping list
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche shopping list
- 3 tablesp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 lamb leg steaks, about 3/4-1-inch thick shopping list
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 tb olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 chipotles in adobe sauce, minced shopping list
- s+p shopping list
- 2 tb honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Place one rack on the lowest shelf of the oven, and the other on the top shelf.
- Combine the chile powder, cumin, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2
- teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Stir this spice mixture into the creme fraiche; set aside or refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the chipotle; toss to coat. Spread out on a sheet pan, and place on the bottom rack of the oven. Roast for about 30 minutes, shaking the pan once halfway through cooking. ( This can be done a couple hours ahead. Just take the pan out of the oven, let cool, transfer to a large frying pan. When you put the steak in the oven, drizzle potatoes with honey and reheat stovetop ) Drizzle with the honey and bake for 10 more minutes, stirring once or twice, so the honey won't burn.
- Line another sheet pan with aluminum foil, and place the lamb steaks on the pan. Rub the steaks with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Switch the oven to broil, and place the pan on the top rack for 5 minutes. Remove pan, flip steaks, and put back under the broiler for another 4-5 minutes, until the edges are crisped and brown and the steak is cooked to medium. You can leave the potatoes at the bottom of the oven while the lamb cooks.
- Serve hot, with creme fraiche for dipping.
- Per serving: 473 calories, 17 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 37 g fat (15 g saturated), 76 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 5 g fiber.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!