Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cakes with Crumble ToppingFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 stick plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large cage free eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup organuc sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract with beans shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped granny smith apples shopping list
- Crumble Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter (this time I made indivdual cakes with coffee cake paper molds)
- In a large bowl, cream together the remaining stick of butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating after the addition of each. In a separate bowl or on a piece of parchment, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream and vanilla. Fold in the apples. Pour into the prepared baking dish, spreading out to the edges.
- To make the topping, in a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter, and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the cake and bake until golden brown and set, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.