Cheese-stuffed, Bacon-crusted ShrimpFrom twill10 1 year ago
- cheese-Stuffed, bacon-Crusted shrimp shopping list
- Camarones Rellenos de Queso, Envueltos en Tocino shopping list
- From season 8 Mexico - One Plate at a Time shopping list
- Thx to Rick Bayless.tv shopping list
- Serves 4 shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 20 large (about 1 1/4 pounds total) shrimp, peeled (leaving the final shell segment and tail intact) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 ounces not-too-assertive cheese like brick, Jack, Manchego, mild cheddar, shredded shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 10 thin slices of bacon, cut in half shopping list
- Salsa—everything from bottled Mexican hot sauce to roasted tomato or tomatillo salsa are great with these shrimp shopping list
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Butterfly and stuff the shrimp. Cut a 1/2-inch deep incision (without cutting through the shrimp) down the inside of each of the peeled shrimp. Scrape out the (usually dark) vein—the intestinal tract.
- Roast the garlic in a dry skillet over medium, turning frequently, until soft and blotchy black in spots, about 15 minutes. Cool and peel off the papery skin. In a medium bowl, mash the garlic with a fork until it is nearly smooth, then add the cilantro, black pepper and 2 cheeses. Mix, mashing everything together, until thoroughly blended and homogeneous. Taste and work in a little salt if you think necessary.
- Scoop out a generous teaspoon of the filling and press it evenly over the butterflied part of a shrimp. Wrap the shrimp in a piece of bacon—to ensure that the bacon crisps, make sure it overlaps no more than an inch. Continue until all the shrimp are stuffed and wrapped.
- 2. Cooking the shrimp. Heat a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high. When thoroughly heated, lay the shrimp in the pan, overlap-side down. Cook until crisp underneath, about 1 minute, then turn each piece a quarter of a turn cook another minute. Continue until all 4 sides are browned in the same manner. The bacon needs to be thin enough that it can crisp in the same time it takes for the shrimp to cook: you’ll know the shrimp are perfect when only a hint of pink translucency remains deep in the butterfly.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!