Mandarinenkuchen ( Mandarin Cake )From PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 250 g butter ( 2 stick ), at room temp shopping list
- 180 g sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 ts vanilla extract shopping list
- 250 g flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 3 cans mandarins ( a 175 g each ) or 6 - 8 fresh mandarins, peeled, cleaned and cut into chunks shopping list
- powdered sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 380 F ( 180 C ). Beat sugar and butter, until fluffy, than add one egg and incorporate, one after the other. Add vanilla extract. Mix flour and baking powder, gradually add to the egg butter mix. Mix until smooth.
- Grease a 9*13 baking pan or a round ' Springform " with removable bottom, line bottom with parchment paper. Fill dough into pan, even out. Sprinkle fruit evenly on top, bake for about 50 minutes, until lightly browned and a cake tester comes out clean. Let caake rest for 15 minutes in the form, than take out and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with some whipped cream.
- I had plenty of fresh mandarins left over, which worked great, but canned are as good and much easier :)