My Mom's Beef StroganoffFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 lb bottom round, cubed shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into half-moons shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 12 oz white button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can consomme or GF beef broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is GF) shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Toss the meat with the cornstarch, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over high heat and add the dredged meat.
- Brown cubes on all sides, then remove to a plate. Meat will not be cooked through.
- Add the butter to the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring, then add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the beef back to the skillet, then stir in the red wine to release the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Mix in consomme and Worcestershire and bring to a brisk simmer.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve as soon as possible over your favourite starch.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
I made this two nights ago, and let me say WOW!!! Very good meal... still have leftovers that I have eaten for the last 2 lunches! Love it...bradkessler in Anderson loved it