Succulent Spare RibsFrom nytkrew 7 years ago
- Spare ribs shopping list
- 2 dried chilies shopping list
- 1/2 cup salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2- 3 onions shopping list
- 4 - 5 celery stalks shopping list
- 3 - 5 dried bay leaves shopping list
- 4 -5 sliced onions shopping list
- 1 - 2 beets shopping list
- 2 - 3 cups Vietnamese fish sauce shopping list
- few sprinkles of cracked corriander shopping list
- few sprinkles of black pepper shopping list
- few sprinkles of mustard seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by boiling your raw spare ribs in a stock consisting of dried chilies, salt, sugar, onions, celery, dried bay leaves, sliced lemons and 1 yellow beet.
- Add Vietnamese fish sauce to the stock.
- As the meat starts to separate from the ribs on the rack, it becomes more tender. If you'ld like the meat to almost fall off the bone, boil it longer (for about 2 hours) and on a smaller flame (barely simmering).
- When finished, slice the ribs on the bone side, along the bone pattern.
- Place the ribs in a hotel pan, and coat them with barbecue sauce.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and put it in the oven (on about 200) for 2 hours. About an hour and a half into cooking, take the pan out and remove the foil. Sprinkle cracked coriander, black pepper and mustard seeds over the top before allowing the ribs to finish cooking.
The Cooknytkrew Portland, ME
- Not added to any groups yet!