Roasted Tomato SoupFrom neoncrucifixion 1 year ago
How to make it
- Place tomatoes in a greased 9x13x1 inch baking pan. Combine 1/4 olive oil and garlic; drizzle over tomatoes. Toss to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a cooking pot, sauté onion in remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, water, salt, and ground pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Heat through. Cool; transfer to freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO USE FROZEN SOUP: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a large saucepan, heat through. Garnish with basil, if desired.
- P.S. Recipe is adapted from Kaitlyn Lerdahl's Roasted Tomato Soup recipe that was published in Taste of Home magazine. Photo was temporarily borrowed from Google Images until I can take a photo of my own.