Lobster Mac And CheeseFrom fewls 4 years ago
- 4 T butter plus 1 T for greasing dish shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 lb penne shopping list
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 T tomato paste shopping list
- 5 T flour shopping list
- ¼ c white wine shopping list
- 4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- ½ tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 c shredded white Cheddar shopping list
- 2 c shredded gruyere shopping list
- 16 oz lobster meat shopping list
- ¼ c panko bread crumbs shopping list
- ¼ c chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place racks in middle of oven.
- Grease a 13” x 9: baking pan with butter.
- Cook pasta al dente. Drain and put aside.
- Add 4 T butter to a large pot over medium heat until the butter shimmers.
- Add the shallots and garlic; sauté until translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the tomato paste and flour and stir to toast about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the cream, whisking well to remove any lumps.
- Add paprika, cayenne and bay leaf.
- Bring cream up to a simmer and turn the heat to low. Let mixture reduce until the cream is thick and can coat a spoon, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- When thickened, remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the grated cheeses, a handful at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Add the chopped lobster meat to the sauce and stir well.
- Add the pasta and stir gently until well mixed
- Pour into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with the Panko crumbs and parsley.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle individual servings with parsley.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!