Rinderbrühe ( Beef Broth )From PongoUSA 4 years ago
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 leek shopping list
- 100 grams celery root shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 kg beef for soup like beef shanks shopping list
- 2 Or 3 marrow bones shopping list
- 500 grams Bouillon bones shopping list
- 5 peppercorns shopping list
- 1/2 bunch Ital. parsley shopping list
- 2 stalks Lovage shopping list
- S+P, nutmeg shopping list
- some lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Prep carrot, leek and celery, dice roughly. Half onion ( do not peel ) and roast, cut side down, on a piece of tin foil in a hot pan,until dark brown, 5 min or so.
- Put meat and bones, together with the roasted onion, in a large pot, add 3 1/2 liter ( 1 gallon ) water. Add peppercorns, bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer for 3 to 4 hours. Skim off any developing foam. Add the veggies, parsley and lovage. Let simmer for another 30 min.
- Take out the meat ( reserve for another use or add back to the soup later ). Strain through a sieve, layered with a cheesecloth. Add lemon peel, let sit for 5 min and take out again. Season broth with S+P and a little bit nutmeg,
- Let cool and store in fridge, for up to three days or freeze. Great as it is as bouillon, or as base for sauces or cream soups.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!