Red Velvet PopcornFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup golden corn syrup shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- ¼ cup dairy free margarine shopping list
- ¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp red gel food colouring (or 2 tbsp liquid) shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ cup finely shredded, unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 10 cups popped popcorn (ideally plain, no salt/butter) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large saucepan combine sugars, corn syrup, water, margarine, cocoa and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until well combined and bubbling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the food colouring, vanilla and coconut.
- Allow to cool 3 minutes, then pour over the popcorn in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Pour the popcorn on the cookie sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring it 3-4 times during cooking.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth447 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members
Family Favourites134 members