Sweet Dough DoughnutsFrom phwriter11 3 years ago
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 3-1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup washed raw sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 stick butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 tsp yeast + 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil (2-3 inches) in deep-fat fryer or heavy kettle to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients : flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking powder in a large bowl. Melt butter in warm milk and add to flour mix. Next add in the beaten eggs. Mix until dough becomes crumbly. Pour in yeast mix and continue mixing until well moistened. Cover with damp towel and let dough rest in warm place for 1 hour. Turn dough onto well-floured work surface; dust with flour and roll gently 3/8 inch thick. Cut with floured doughnut cutter or roll and shape into medium logs and pinch to shape donuts. Slide doughnuts into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side ( It browns quite fast so be quick to turn them in the oil). Remove from oil.Drain on paper towels. Serve plain, sugared or frosted.
The Cookphwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Not added to any groups yet!