Fig & Stilton Savory Thumbprint CookiesFrom luisascatering 2 months ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, butter, blue cheese and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough just comes together and starts to form a ball.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times to pull the dough together. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick with a floured rolling pin. Cut rounds out of the dough with a floured 1-inch cutter and transfer the rounds to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using the back or a round half-teaspoon measure or your thumb, make an indentation in the top of each dough round. Spoon about ¼ teaspoon of fig preserves into each indentation, using your spoon/finger to push the preserves as best as possible into the indentations.
- Bake the savories for 14-16 minutes, until the preserves are bubbling and the pastry is light golden on the bottom. Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, the remove to a wire rack to cool.
- You can make these a day ahead and keep them in two layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.