Jetts Yellow Cake With Chocolate FrostingFrom jett2whit 9 months ago
- 3 Cups All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional) shopping list
- 2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cup buttermilk ** shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 Cup butter softened (2 sticks) shopping list
- 5 eggs at room temperature shopping list
- frosting INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 Cup softened butter shopping list
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 6 Cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 3 9-in round cake pans.
- Line pans with wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar.
- Mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Sift together and set aside.
- **If you do not have buttermilk you can always add a teaspoon of vinegar to regular milk**
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Add the vanilla and mix well
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans.
- Oven racks should be in the middle of the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes.
- Oven temperatures vary. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool before frosting.
- FROSTING DIRECTIONS
- Add softened butter to mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder slowly and mix well.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar making sure not to make a mess =)
- Add enough milk for spreading consistency,
- Add vanilla and mix well
- Icing should be stiff enough but not runny to spread on cooled cake layers.
- ~For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance. ~Mignon McLaughlin
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating2 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams352 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Choco Lovers137 members
Sweet Suite158 members
Pass Down Recipes310 members
FROM SCRATCH145 members
Good For Your Soul Food29 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Our Daily Dinner771 members