Tandoori Chicken Ww Take OutFrom notyourmomma 2 years ago
- 1 cup of plain fat free yogurt shopping list
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp of smoky paprika shopping list
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger (okay I doubled my ginger) shopping list
- 1 large clove of garlic (again, I doubled the garlic) shopping list
- 1 tbsp of ground coriander seeds (mortar and pestle) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of allspice shopping list
- 8 bone in, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat shopping list
How to make it
- To make the marinade, combine the lemon juice, paprika, ginger, garlic, coriander, cardamom, turmeric and allspice in a large zip lock bag. Add the trimmed chicken, seal bag and refrigerate for 24 hours at least. Turn several times and massage yogurt marinade into chicken.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place a wire rack on a jelly roll pan. Remove chicken from the marinade and place on rack.
- Roast until an instant read thermometer reads 180 degrees.
- I roasted per instructions at 35 minutes and overcooked the chicken. I NEED an instant read to avoid this mistake again.
- Leftover chicken makes a great salad when combined with chopped onion and celery, fat free yogurt, ground cumin, curry poweder and fresh lime juice to taste.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!