Easy FocacciaFrom phwriter11 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated smoked cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare yeast mix in small bowl, 1/4 cup warm water+ yeast+1 tsp flour+1tsp sugar.Let rest for 10 minutes until bubbly and frothy.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours,salt,sugar,rosemary and thyme. Pour bubbly yeast mix into dry ingredient. Next add in warm milk. Stir until well moistened. Let stand until the yeast begins to act, about 15 minutes. Dough will still be quite sticky, wet and shabby, that's okay. Keep the dough soft which is how it should be.
- Knead for a couple of minutes with a wooden spoon. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of the oil into a clean bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, turning once to oil the top. Cover. Let rise until doubled, 1hour.
- Once double in size, turn out on a floured surface. Stretch and slap just until smooth and dough has pulled together. Punch dough down and pat into 1/2-inch thick rectangle (doesn't have to be perfect). Use 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to coat a baking sheet, and place the dough on the baking sheet.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over the top of the dough. Use the handle end of a wooden spoon or your knuckles, make dimples on the dough surface at 1 1/2 inch intervals. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Set aside and let rise until doubled, 20 to 25 minutes. This is your final proofing.
- Turn on the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake the focaccia for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned on top. Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack See Photo. Serve warm.