Spinach Lasagna MuffinsFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
- 2 lbs fresh spinach*, (cooked, drain and squeezed of moisture) shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups of your favorite tomato/marinara sauce shopping list
- 2 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 package lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded shopping list
- Muffin Tin shopping list
- parchment paper (12 – 4×4 inch squares) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut parchment paper into 12 – 4×4 inch squares and line the muffin tin with them.
- Boil noodles according to package, taking noodles out 2 minutes earlier than it says to. Roll noodles, so there is a space in the center for ingredients, and place them in the muffin tins on top of the parchment paper.
- Make sure that the noodle ends overlap so that they hold their shape.
- Cut small piece of noodle, large enough to cover the bottom of the muffin tins, and put in the bottoms of each to make a noodle cup with it, making sure it is slightly bigger than the bottom so it will hold the cup shape when baked. Your lasagna noodles will look like little cups sitting in the muffin tins.
- Combine spinach with pasta sauce, ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella in a large bowl.
- Fill lasagna noodle “cups” with the spinach mixture, pressing the ingredients down and packing it to the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over each lasagna cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove from muffin tins and remove parchment paper.
- Serve on a plater or indivdual plates.
- Serve: 2 to 3 Lasagna Muffins per person.
- *Substitution: 15 to 16 ounces of frozen spinach can be thawed and used instead of fresh spinach.
- NOTE: This recipe can be modified to make mini lasagna muffins for appetizers. After boiling noodles cut in half lengthwise and assemble the same as above using mini muffin tins.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!