Key Lime “truffles”From jo_jo_ba 11 months ago
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (regular or low fat – NI is for full fat), softened shopping list
- 3 tbsp salted butter, softened (add a pinch of salt if using unsalted) shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- Zest of 1 lime shopping list
- juice of ½ lime shopping list
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- Dark or white chocolate, melted, for coating shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, lime zest and lime juice until well combined.
- Mix together the flour and graham cracker crumbs and beat into the cheese mixture to form a scoopable “batter-dough”.
- Roll small balls of the mixture and refrigerate at least 1 hour to firm up (or freeze at this point).
- Dip in melted chocolate and allow to set. When coated, truffles can be kept at room temperature for 1 week or 3 weeks in the fridge.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze126 members
Original Recipes143 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
All Holidays135 members
Nut Free5 members
Bake Sale125 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Tried And True Recipes38 members