Tomato and Avocado-Goat Cheese CrostiniFrom sunny 7 years ago
- 1 loaf french baguette bread shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 ripe avocados shopping list
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded, diced 1/4 " shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- Small basil leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice bread into 1/4 " thick diagonal slices. If you're working with a large loaf, you'll then want to halve each slice again.
- In small bowl, combine garlic and olive oil. Brush bread slices lightly with garlic oil mixture. Arrange on sheet pans in a single layer. Bake crostini for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and let cool. You can make these ahead of time and store in an airtight container. Be sure to let cool completely before storing.
- In medium-sized bowl combine avocados, goat cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix until smooth. If you add a little fresh lemon juice it will prevent the avocado from browning.
- In separate bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and basil.
- To serve, spread each crostini with approximately 1 tablespoon of avocado mixture, then top with tomato-basil mixture. Garnish with small basil leaves if desired. Place on a large serving plate.
- Try not to asseble too far ahead of serving, as the bread can get soggy.