Cauliflower HummusFrom littlesponger 1 year ago
- 1 lb cauliflower florets (about 1 large head of cauliflower) shopping list
- 4 to 8 cloves of roasted garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of tahini, stir well shopping list
- The juice of one medium lemon shopping list
- ¼ cup (or so) of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin shopping list
- 1 – 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon of dried parsley) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika shopping list
- salt to taste; about 1 teaspoon shopping list
- Garnish with parsley, powdered sumac (or smoked paprika) and olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Bring about 1/2" water to boil in a large covered pot with a steamer basket installed. Once it's boiling, arrange florets in a single layer, stems pointed down to take the heat more directly. Cover and let steam until a knife can be easily inserted into the thickest stem. Lift from water and let drain and cool for a minute or two.
- While that is cooling take down your food processor and add olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, fresh parsley, paprika, add cauliflower and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, olive oil as needed.
- Spread the hummus in a platter in swirly patterns. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sumac (or paprika) and serve.