Coconut French Toast With Coconut Strawberry SyrupFrom keni 1 year ago
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 1/2t fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut shopping list
- 1lb loaf French or Italian bread, sliced(for a special treat, try using thick sliced, day old banana bread) shopping list
- butter for frying shopping list
- toasted coconut and sliced strawberries for serving shopping list
For Strawberry coconut Syrup
- 1lb fresh strawberries hulled and quartered shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup raw sugar shopping list
- about 1/4 cup coconut milk shopping list
- dash of vanillla shopping list
- 1/2t baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, cream, vanilla, nutmeg and salt
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat and melt butter.
- Dip bread slices into the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle until golden brown on both sides, flipping only once. Continue with remaining bread slices.
- Serve with the syrup below, toasted coconut and fresh berries.
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients except baking soda and vanilla and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, mashing berries up frequently, until they are soft and the syrup is thickening and reduced by one-third to one-half in volume, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add baking soda and vanilla, stir well and let cool to room temperature before serving.