Crescent Roll Braided SandwichFrom Good4U 5 months ago
- 2 cans Pillsbury Recipe crescent rolls shopping list
- From here on in there is nothing laid in stone for ingredients. You can use whatever you like and have on hand. This is just what I happened to use this time. shopping list
- 6 ounces or more of deli sliced roast beef, ham or whatever desire or more to your liking. shopping list
- 1 cup or 1-1/2 cups of shredded white cheddar cheese. I used a good aged old cheddar cheese sliced it. shopping list
- Approximately 1/2 cup sliced or chopped green onions (optional) shopping list
- French's mustard or other condiment optional shopping list
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water) shopping list
- Other suggestions for fillings might be spinach, pesto, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, bacon, cooked ground beef or chicken, cream cheese, salmon and on and on:) Imagination is always the key. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or spray with cooking spray. I have a totally not stick baking sheet so I didn't need to do either.
- 2. Unroll Crescent dough without breaking it into triangles onto prepared baking sheet. Place sheets side-by-side lengthwise and press into one large rectangle, pinching any open seams together with fingers. See Photo
- 3. If you wish to use mustard spread a light coating down a 6 to 8 inch wide strip down the center.
- 4. Top with sliced beef or whatever you are using in center of dough in a 8-inch wide strip. Top that with cheese and then the chopped onions. See Photo
- 5. Using a knife or kitchen scissors, cut 1-inch wide strips on long sides of dough (cut the same number of strips on each side) to within a 1/2-inch of the filling. Fold in short sides, then alternately cross strips over the filling to make a "braid" effect. It doesn't have to be perfect. See Photo
- 6. Brush the whole top of the braid with egg wash. Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes or until a deep golden brown; let cool 5 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!