Blueberry Bread With Lemon GlazeFrom midgelet 5 months ago
- Two loaf recipe: shopping list
- 4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbp baking powder shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- lemon zest from 2 large lemons shopping list
- 3-4 cups blueberries fresh or frozen shopping list
- 4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, or to taste shopping list
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 c milk ( part buttermilk and skim milk is fine ) shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 4 Tbs of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl
- Stir in blueberries to coat well
- In another bowl, beat eggs. milk and oil to combine
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients mixture, just until moistened but berries well mixed .
- Batter will be thick
- Pour into a 2 greased paper lined 9x5 loaf pans
- Bake 350 for one hour OR until toothpick tests clean.
- Prepare glaze ingredients.:combine all ingredients .
- After removing loaf(s ) from the oven, while still warm, brush or drizzle the glaze over the bread.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: Since I used special disposable wood and paper lined loaf pans, I left bread in pans for gift giving.
- Note; For a single loaf, half recipe