Chocolate Peanut-butter BarsFrom CaraSings 3 years ago
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts shopping list
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in peanuts.
- RESERVE 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Stir egg into remaining crumb mixture. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- STIR together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in small bowl until well combined. Pour evenly over partially baked crust.
- STIR together reserved crumb mixture and chocolate chips. Sprinkle evenly over peanut butter layer.
- BAKE an additional 15 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.