Garlic Ancho Chile JamFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Cut off and discard tops of garlic heads to expose cloves and rub each head with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Wrap heads together in foil and bake in middle of oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Cool to warm.
- 3. While garlic is roasting, toast chiles in a dry heavy skillet over moderate heat, turning, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Soak chiles in hot water until softened, about 20 minutes, then drain.
- 4. Squeeze garlic from skins into a food processor and purée with chiles, vinegar, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and salt to taste. Force purée through a sieve into a bowl.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- jettthecat Nowhere, Us
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- marmielindo Inverness, FL
- labradors Ormond Beach, U.S.A.
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- karynb Alpharetta, GA
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- champagnetime Straits Of Juan De Fuca, WA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!