Peanut Butter and Jam BarsFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 1 cup, 2 sticks, butter, softened (no substitutes) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup strawberry jam, or your personal favorite shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan. (I use a metal baking pan)
- Line pan with foil and grease the foil.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until mixed well. Scrape occasionally with a spatula.
- Increase speed to high, beat until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Beat in peanut butter, then egg until well combined. Again, scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour just until evenly moistened. The dough should be crumbly.
- Beat in peanuts.
- Reserve 2 cups of dough.
- Press remaining dough evenly onto bottom of the pan.
- Spread jam over the dough in the pan.
- With your hand, press the reserved dough into large chunks, about 3/4 inch, and sprinkle over jam, leaving spaces between chunks.
- DO NOT pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- When cool,transfer with foil to a cutting board.
- Cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 bars.
- You should get 24 bars.