Persimmon CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups persimmon pulp shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups raisins or currents shopping list
- 2 cups almonds or walnuts chopped shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Mix pulp with lemon and soda then stir in oil.
- Add flour and milk alternately.
- Add remaining ingredients to flour and pulp mixture then mix well.
- Bake in a greased tube pan for 1-1/2 hours at 325.
- Check cake after first hour and if cake is browning too rapidly reduce heat to 300.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Poke warm cake with ice pick to make holes then drizzle with brandy.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!