Hash Breakfast SandwichFrom keni 6 months ago
- 12 slices sandwich bread(sourdough is the best! :) shopping list
- 12 large eggs shopping list
- 24 thin slices cheddar, pepperjack, or even American cheese shopping list
- 2 cans corned beef hash(feel free to make your own) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 stick butter, softened(plus another 1/2 stick to use as needed for frying eggs) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In large cast iron pan, heat olive oil.
- Add the hash and spread it evenly over entire bottom of pan.
- Let cook without stirring or turning for about 10 minutes or so until nicely browned on one side.
- Add a nice dose of fresh ground pepper and flip it all over to other side, reduce heat slightly and cook on other side the same way.
- Meanwhile, butter one side of each slice of bread and set aside.
- Have cheese all ready to use.
- In another pan, melt butter over medium heat until bubbly but not brown.
- Fry eggs one or two at a time and cooking them sunny side up or down, as desired.(best to let the yolk stay slightly gooey so when you bite into the sammich, you get that yumminess :)
- Set eggs aside and keep warm.
- Grill each sandwich in the egg pan as follows: first piece of bread butter side down, add one slice of cheese, the egg, then a spatula full of the hash, top that with another piece of cheese, then add the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Toast sammich until golden brown on both sides, carefully flipping just once.