How Do I Make - Deviled EggsFrom keni 3 months ago
- 1 dozen eggs(I only use farm fresh, free range eggs from our family, and I always keep them at least a month in the fridge before I try to hard cook them! :) shopping list
- 1/4-1/3 cup mayonnaise(Helman's or Best Foods, if possible! :) shopping list
- 1T yellow mustard shopping list
- 2-3T dill pickle relish shopping list
- a few dashes of hot sauce(green Tabasco works great) shopping list
- lil fresh ground pepper shopping list
- fresh snipped chives for garnish, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Hard cook eggs in your preferred method. Mine, for deviled eggs, is to steam them. That's just bringing water to a rolling boil, add room temperature eggs to a steaming basket and put them over the water. Reduce heat to maintain a nice boil and let steam about 15 min.
- Plunge them, basket and all, into a deep bowl of ice cold water and leave until cooled. Change water, if needed.
- Peel eggs and slice them in half, lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop out all the yolks into a medium bowl and place the empty whites on a large serving tray or egg plate.
- Break yolks up well with a fork or your fingers.
- Add mayo, mustard, relish, hot sauce and ground pepper and mix well until well combined and creamy. Adjust mayo as needed for desired consistency.
- With a spoon or piping bag, fill empty whites with the filling.
- Top with fresh snipped chives, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.