Quick Picante Pot RoastFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1 16- or 17-ounce package refrigerated cooked beef pot roast with juices shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups purchased sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 8-ounce bottle picante sauce shopping list
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous shopping list
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Dairy sour cream (optional) shopping list
- Chopped fresh tomato (optional) shopping list
- Sliced avocado (optional) shopping list
- cilantro sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Transfer liquid from pot roast package to a large skillet; add mushrooms and picante sauce. Cut pot roast into 1- to 1-1/2-inch cubes; add to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring chicken broth to boiling; stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in snipped cilantro.
- Spoon pot roast mixture on top of hot cooked couscous mixture. Serve with sour cream, tomato, and/or avocado and top with cilantro sprigs. Makes 4 to 6 servings.