Mocha Cherry Cake With Maple Butter GlazeFrom cocointhekitchen 2 years ago
- For the Cherries: shopping list
- 4 shots espresso shopping list
- or 2 tsp instant coffee +1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries shopping list
- 2 Tb brown sugar shopping list
- For the Batter: shopping list
- 1 stick butter, at room temp shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tb sour cream or plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- For the Glaze: shopping list
- 1 Tb butter shopping list
- 2 Tb maple syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Line a 13 x 9 casserole pan with parchment paper and spray walls with nonstick oil.
- Hydrate the cherries:
- Make the coffee and pour into a small sauce pan.
- Add the dried cherries and 2 Tb brown sugar.
- Put over heat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Make the batter:
- Blitz the butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, sour cream (or yogurt), eggs and vanilla in a food processor.
- Then add flour, baking soda and powder.
- Blitz until just incorporated.
- Disconnect the bowl from the food processor.
- Gently, stir the cherries and chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
- Spoon into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until you can smell the cake and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool thoroughly.
- Make the Glaze:
- Put about a tablespoon of butter in a small pot and heat to a bubble.
- When it changes to a golden brown colour and smells toasty, remove from heat.
- Add maple syrup and confectioner's sugar.
- Stir until thick and smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and allow it to set (~5 minutes).
The Cookcocointhekitchen Los Angeles, California
- Not added to any groups yet!