Red Bell Pepper and Sweet Potato SoupFrom vegalicious 10 years ago
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in bite sized chunks shopping list
- 1 sweet potato, pealed and cut in bite sized chunks shopping list
- 1 cup tomato juice shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- chili powder shopping list
- tabasco to taste shopping list
- fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the garlic, onion, sweet potato and pepper over a medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and tomato juice. Puree the mixture to a nice smooth consistency.
- Cook the soup on a low heat.
- Season with pepper chili powder, salt, lemon juice and Tabasco.
- Allow the soup to simmer for around 15 mins.
- Garnish the soup with basil leaves cut in fine strips.
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cookvegalicious Almere, NL
The Rating5 people
I love soups and this one sounds increiblepsy333che in Long Branch loved it
This definitely came out very good, the basil as a garnish was especially nice to not just liven up the color, but add a distinctive flavor.mattjb in Plant City loved it