How Do I Make - Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom keni 3 years ago
- 4 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup fine grain raw sugar(sub granulated, if desired) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2T vanilla shopping list
- 6 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups of oats ground into 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 2t baking soda shopping list
- 2t extra fine sea or kosher salt shopping list
- 12oz semi sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 8-12oz milk chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter with sugars.
- Beat well several minutes until smooth and somewhat fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla and beat once more.
- Add flour mixture slowly mixing well but not beating.
- Mix until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for about 15 minutes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet(parchment works well) or baking stone(this is what I use)
- Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let rest on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack and cool completely(except for the ones you eat right away, warm and gooey, of course ;)
- Keep dough cool in between batches.
- Dough or cookies can be frozen with great success.