Soupless Tuna Noodle CasseroleFrom krumkake 3 years ago
- 4 Tbls butter shopping list
- 4 Tbls flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 Tbls chicken base shopping list
- some season All and garlic salt to taste, and a light sprinkle of dried dill shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 chopped hard boiled eggs shopping list
- 1 small can of LeSueur small baby peas (or use 3/4 cup frozen small peas) shopping list
- 2 cans of drained tuna (I like the wild tuna you can buy in 6 packs at Costco - great flavor!) shopping list
- About 4 cups cooked egg noodles (or any pasta you like), shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in pan; stir in flour - bring to a low simmer and cook for 2 minutes as you stir. Whisk in milk until well combined and there are no lumps in the sauce.
- Add chicken base and seasonings; stir to distribute.
- Stir in onion, celery, hard boiled eggs and peas.
- Gently stir in the tuna.
- Lastly, stir in the cooked noodles then pour the contents of the pan into a well buttered 11x7 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle enough crushed potato chips over the top to completely cover it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, til hot and bubbly.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!