Green Beans And TomatoesFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Recipe: green beans and tomatoes shopping list
- ©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish shopping list
- Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 12 min | Yield: About 4 to 6 servings shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 pounds of green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped vidalia onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups of tomatoes, peeled and chopped, juices retained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of cajun seasoning, or to taste shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- Source: http://deepsouthdish.com shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the ends off and cut green beans into thirds, cutting on the diagonal; set aside. Heat olive oil and butter in a large lidded skillet over medium high heat. Saute onion until tender, add garlic and cook another minute. Add tomatoes, with their juices, and the brown sugar and cook until tomatoes are softened. Add the green beans and water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook, about 10 to 12 minutes or until beans reach desired tenderness, stirring occasionally. Season with Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper; taste and adjust. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Notes: If you've got fresh herbs in your garden too, by all means substitute those for the Italian seasoning. When fresh tomatoes and green beans are not in season, substitute frozen green beans and canned tomatoes.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!