Tricked Out Turkey ClubFrom keni 2 years ago
- 2lbs turkey tenderloins shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup favorite mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or lemon or lime juice shopping list
- 1t or so of dried poultry blend herbs(or 1T fresh sage/thyme/rosemary) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and a lil kosher or sea salt shopping list
- 1lb thick cut bacon slices shopping list
- 1lb sliced gourmet cheese of your choice(I used a garlic/herb jack) shopping list
- ciabatta rolls(I used jalapeno...perfect for this! :) shopping list
- Fresh leaf lettuce or spinach shopping list
- fresh tomatoes, sliced shopping list
For Amped Up Mayo
- 1 cup mayo shopping list
- 2T favorite mustard shopping list
- 2T homemade cranberry sauce or relish(or sub another all fruit spread like currant, peach, etc) shopping list
- several dashes hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use
For Turkey Marinade
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, poultry seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper and pour it over the tenderloins.(I use a zipper bag and toss it all around)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to over night
- Partially precook bacon on a cooling rack over a baking sheet in a 400 oven just until they are starting to cook and rendering some fat.
- Wrap each tenderloin with a few pieces of bacon, trying to keep it fairly even(you are gonna slice this and want bacon with each slice! :)
- Grill, broil or roast at about 400 until internal temp reaches at least 160 but not more than 165.
- Remove from heat and let rest a few minutes.
- Carefully slice tenderloins, getting bacon with each slice. See Photo
- Arrange on bottom half of ciabatta buns and top with cheese.
- Pop these in the cooling oven or grill for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- Finish sammich with the tomatoes, spinach and mayo.