Neapolitan Pork Roast With PotatoesFrom chefmeow 3 years ago
How to make it
- Combine garlic, sage, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Make holes in the pork roast with a small paring knife and stuff the garlic mixture in the holes with your finger reserving about 1 teaspoon of the garlic mixture.
- Rub any remaining garlic mixture on the outside of roast.
- Toss potatoes with reserved garlic mixture and olive oil.
- Place roast and potatoes in a roasting pan and place in a preheated 425 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and stir potatoes after 30 minutes.
- Baste roast with pan juices and return to the oven.
- Lower heat to 325 degrees and continue to cook stirring potatoes and basting roast every 15 minutes.
- Begin checking the internal temperature of the roast after about 1-1/2 hours total cooking time.
- Remove roast when internal temperature is 150 degrees for slightly pink or 170 degrees for well done.
- Let roast rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Return potatoes to oven if they are not crisp and golden.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!