Sweet Potato Apple And Leek GratinFrom chefmeow 1 year ago
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 large leeks washed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- A grating of fresh nutmeg shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 large apple cored and thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cream, leeks, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat stirring occasionally.
- Add sweet potatoes and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Layer half the sweet potato mixture in a buttered baking dish then top with sliced apple.
- Repeat with sweet potato mixture and cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 oven for 45 minutes until bubbling and golden brown
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!