Red Velvet Cupcakes With Vanilla Cream Cheese FrostingFrom leopardlady 5 months ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken shopping list
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (3/4 pound) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Stir with a rubber spatula to be sure the batter is mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups with a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop or large spoon. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool completely in the pans and frost the cupcakes with Red Velvet Frosting.
- Place the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed just until combined. Don't whip! Add the sugar and mix until smooth.
The Cookleopardlady Elmhurst, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!