Pumpkin DoughnutsFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) shopping list
- 3 to 4tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits) shopping list
How to make it
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and just enough half-and-half with whisk until smooth and thick glaze forms. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round lid or cookie cutter, cut hole in center of each biscuit.
- Gently place 2 or 3 biscuits in hot oil. (Biscuit holes can also be fried!) Fry on one side until golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. With tongs, gently turn each biscuit over; fry until other side is golden brown. Remove doughnuts from oil; immediately dip into pumpkin glaze. Place doughnuts on cooling rack; cool 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze is set before serving. Makes 8 doughnuts.
- Cook’s Note: The glaze can be made without the pumpkin flavors also, for a glazed doughnut.