Yum Yum Salmon With Spinach Pine Nut OrzottoFrom keni 4 months ago
- 6 8oz salmon fillets shopping list
- 1/2 recipe of My Version Of Yum Yum Sauceyes, Its A Real Thing shopping list
- 2 cups fried onions or peppers, crushed(I LOVE these: http://www.freshgourmet.com/FreshGourmet/Retail/product_details.asp?type=crunchy_toppings&id=75) shopping list
- 1lb orzo shopping list
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock shopping list
- 4T butter shopping list
- 1 red or sweet onion, chopped(can sub 3 shallots, if desired) shopping list
- 10oz fresh baby spinach, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream shopping list
- 8oz goat cheese(I used peppadew and highly recommend it) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil orzo per package directions, but subbing 2 cups stock for part of the water. Stop just shy of "al dente".
- When done, drain and quickly rinse and toss to keep from sticking.
- In same pan, melt butter over medium low heat and add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add spinach and pine nuts and cook about 2 minutes until spinach has cooked down, slightly.
- Add pasta back to the pan, and add 1/4 cup cream and the goat cheese and stir well.
- Place lid on pan and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Stir again and season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Brush each fillet with yum yum sauce
- Top with crushed peppers or onions
- Bake in a 400 oven for about 15 minutes, until salmon flakes with fork and topping is browned
- Serve over a bed of the orzotto with lemon or lime wedges