Mexican Style Hot Pickled CarrotsFrom twill10 2 years ago
- thx to :Hillbilly CAST IRON Cooking: on facebook shopping list
- Mexican Style Hot pickled carrots shopping list
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal (1/4 inch thick) shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts warm water... shopping list
- 7 ounces whole canned jalapeno peppers, with liquid shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 6 whole garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Put carrots in a large 3 or 4-quart pot. Add warm water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- To pot, add the peppers, onions, oregano, garlic, vinegar, bay leaves and salt.
- Let cool for 2-3 hours. Put in jars and place in refrigerator. These will keep for a week after opening jar.
- Can also be kept in airtight containers in refrigerator.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!