Creamy White FrostingFrom browneyegirl 5 months ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, orange extract, or almond extract (Could always add an 1/2 teaspoon or to your taste) shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar (about 1 pound), I tend to start with 2 1/2 cups and always add more if needed to be shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk (May need at least 2 more tablespoons if desired ~ it tends to help out a little to mix better as you are mixing) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.Slowly add half of the powdered sugar, beating well.Add 2 tablespoons of the milk.Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to reach spreading consistency.This frosts the tops and sides of two 8 - or 9 - inch cake layers.(Halve the recipe to frost a 13 x 9 x 2 - inch cake.)
The Cookbrowneyegirl Savannah, U.S.
- Not added to any groups yet!