Mini Pineapple Upside Down CakesFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Mini pineapple Upside Down cakes shopping list
- thx to: justapinch.com shopping list
- cake Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp pineapple juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick or 4 Tbsp) shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 1-can pineapple rings shopping list
- 6-maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and turn mixer back on for 2 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
- Spoon a layer of the warm brown sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple. Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. If you are using regular muffin tins, you will need to cut down the rings to fit or just use pineapple tidbits.
- Bake jumbo cakes for 25 minutes. Bake regular cakes for 20 minutes. If you choose to make a large cake, bake for 22-25 minutes in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. The cake is done with a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cake to help loosen in case it sticks a little. Place a wire cooling rack on top, and quickly flip over on top of sheet tray to catch extra drippings.
- Place wire rack of cakes on sheet tray to cool.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!