Butterscotch PieFrom efitobx 6 months ago
- Graham Cracker Crust shopping list
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed graham crackers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- butterscotch Filling shopping list
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons plus ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar shopping list
- graham cracker crust shopping list
How to make it
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine all and press into a buttered pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool.
- Makes 1 pie crust
- Butterscotch Filling
- In a bowl, stir together ½ cup brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Add ¼ cup milk and egg yolks and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining milk and ¼ cup brown sugar and salt to a boil.
- Add a splash of this mixture to yolk mixture and mix well. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Return all to saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Strain into a clean bowl.
- Whisk in 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract and butter until smooth.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least two hours. Once cooled, pour into crust.
- To serve, whip heavy cream, sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla and pipe onto pie. Garnish with butterscotch chips.
- Makes 1 pie
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!