Evil Chocolate-pb Banana CakeFrom lunchboxer 3 months ago
- I box [dry] Pillsbury Moist Supreme Dark chocolate cake mix (ok to use other brand--just be sure it has pudding in the mix) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 4 very ripe bananas (med.-lg.size) shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used "Naturally More" brand with flax seed) shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional; use the kind you like) shopping list
- Pampered Chef Sprinkles: Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle or Sweet caramel Sprinkle. The Mocha will not be as showy but is a marvelous flavored topping to really add great flavor. The caramel sprinkle looks a lot prettier as in the photo and tastes good, too! You can purchase it at their website if your local distributor doesn't have it. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour bottom of 2 loaf pans, set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork and put in mixing bowl with eggs, water and peanut butter. Blend till smooth with mixer. The PB sticks to the bowl, so be sure to scrape so it'll mix in.
- Add dry cake mix and flour to mixture and beat on medium speed till smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- Pour into prepared pans (ok to use a regular cake pan. I like the loaf style best).
- Shake sprinkles generously over the top of the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes, depending on your oven. Remove from oven after cake-tester (knife) comes clean from the center. Place on counter to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to a nice platter if you're serving guests. Slice and serve warm with ice-cold milk for a luxurious treat!
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!