Chicken ParmesanFrom twill10 1 year ago
- http://12tomatoes.com/2014/06/dinner-recipe-chicken-parmesan.html shopping list
- chicken Parmesan shopping list
- (makes about 4 servings) shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For the sauce (if you want a homemade marinara): shopping list
- •1/2 large yellow onion, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- •1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- •3 medium garlic cloves, peeled and minced shopping list
- •1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- •1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- •1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- •Pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- •Pinch of sugar shopping list
- •Pinch of salt shopping list
- For the rest of the dish: shopping list
- •16 ounces of spaghetti, linguini, or your favorite pasta, cooked al dente shopping list
- •4 chicken breast cutlets (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds total) shopping list
- •2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- •1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs shopping list
- •1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- •1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- •1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- •2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- •8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced shopping list
- •Salt shopping list
- •Flour shopping list
How to make it
- 1.To prepare the sauce (if using store-bought sauce, skip to step 2), first grate or finely chop half of an onion. Put the olive oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat and add the onions, sautéing for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Finally, add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, sugar, and salt. Bring the whole mixture to a simmer, reduce the heat, and cook uncovered for about 10 to 12 minutes while the chicken cooks.
- 2.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3.One at a time, you want to flatten each chicken cutlet by placing it between two layers of wax paper or plastic wrap and pounding the chicken with a meat pounder. Pound each cutlet to an even thickness – between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch – and lightly salt each chicken piece as well.
- 4.Prepare three shallow bowls, large enough to dredge the chicken – one for flour; one for the beaten eggs; and one for the breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup of Parmesan, and a pinch of salt.
- 5.Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high. Dredge each chicken piece -- both sides of it -- in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs. Then, once the oil is hot enough, lay the pieces each in the hot pan. Turn the heat down to medium and fry the chicken until golden-brown – about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 6.This is a good time to start cooking your pasta – get a big pot of water boiling and add some salt, and then add the pasta and cook until al dente (check the directions for cooking times – likely it’ll be about 7 minutes). You can let the water boil while preparing the chicken, and then cook the pasta while baking the chicken in the next steps.
- 7.Grease a 9x13 baking dish and spread tomato sauce to cover the entire bottom of the pan (just enough to cover – you’ll want extra sauce leftover for dinner). Then, arrange the golden-brown chicken on top of the tomato sauce in the baking dish. Spoon sauce over each cutlet and sprinkle with fresh basil. Finally, top the chicken with the slices of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- 8.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese starts to get golden-brown and bubbly. Serve alongside the rest of the sauce and pasta.
- Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!